Old Faithful: Yellowstone National Park SW (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic MapNational Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of the Old Faithful area of Yellowstone National Park is designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts with unmatched detail of the south-west section of the national park. Expertly researched and created in partnership with local land management agencies, this map features key points of interest including the Old Faithful geyser area, the West Thumb of Yellowstone Lake, South Entrance Station, West Yellowstone, Heart Lake, and John D. Rockefeller Jr. Memorial Parkway. The Continental Divide Trail is also covered on this map. With many miles of mapped trails and marked Bear Management Zones the Old Faithful map can guide you off the beaten path and back again. The clearly marked trails include mileages between intersections. The map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits, passes and many lakes. Some of the many recreation features include: visitor centers, campgrounds, trailheads, horse rentals, boat ramps, and interpretive trails.Every Trails Illustrated map is printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.Other features found on this map include: Craig Pass, Gallatin National For...
- Brand: Trails Illustrated
- ASIN: 1566954339
- UPC: 749717010475
Old Faithful, Yellowstone [Map Pack Bundle] (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel MapThe Map Pack bundle of Old Faithful Day Hikes combined with the overview map of the entire Yellowstone National Park can't be missed. This Map Pack provides the perfect combination for anyone who plans to visit Yellowstone this season. The Yellowstone National Park map covers the entire national park, all 3,468 square miles of it. The map can be used for short day hikes around the park such as Yellowstone Falls or for longer multi day excursions. The Old Faithful Day Hikes map provides a detailed view of the most famous geyser area in the world. The map features nine suggested day hikes with a brief description of each along with distance and difficulty. There is also information about the geology and history of America's first National Park. Buy the Map Pack and save 15%!The Old Faithful, Yellowstone Map Pack includes:Map 319 :: Old Faithful Day HikesMap 201 :: Yellowstone National ParkEvery Trails Illustrated map is printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.Map Scale = 1:126,720 & 1:30,000Folded Size = 4.25" x 9.25"
- Color: Black
- Brand: National Geographic
- ASIN: 1597756016
- UPC: 749717104990
Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton: Including Jackson Hole (Travel Guide)
Find Your Adventure with Moon Travel Guides!Forge your way through forests, across mountain peaks, past geysers, and more with Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton. Inside you'll find:Itineraries for every timeline, budget, and travel style, ranging from one day in each national park to a week-long road trip covering bothThe top activities and unique ideas for exploring each park: Marvel at the steam-spewing Old Faithful geyser, or take a horseback ride to panoramic lakeside views. Hike through alpine forests to rushing waterfalls, and catch a glimpse of wild bison, elk, wolves, or bears. Climb to Inspiration Point for breathtaking views of Jackson Hole, explore the quirky nearby towns, or discover the best spots to hit the slopes during the winter seasonStrategies for getting to the parks and traveling between them, with suggestions on where to stop along the way to eat, rest, or exploreExpert tips for hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, kayaking, and more, plus essential packing and health and safety informationDetailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps, each marked by duration, elevation change, and moreValuable insight from Yellowstone expert and seasoned explorer Becky LomaxHonest advice on where to stay inside and outside the parks, including campgrounds, cabins, gue...
- ASIN: 1631219928
Yellowstone National Park (Images of America: Wyoming)
Yellowstone National Park is one of the earth’s most famous places. Established in 1872 as the world’s first national park, it has preserved remarkable natural wonders like Old Faithful Geyser and cultural icons such as Old Faithful Inn. For centuries, it was home to the Shoshone, Crow, Bannock, Blackfeet, and other Indian tribes, but these groups were banished in the 1870s by parkpromoters who feared that tourists would not visit if American Indians lived there. Almost immediately after its establishment, Yellowstone became the primary destination for tourist travel to the American West following the Civil War. By 1900, it was a vast tourist success, and today it is both a world biosphere preserve and a world heritage site.
- Brand: Brand: Arcadia Publishing
- ASIN: 0738548499
Spectacular Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
Spectacular Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks captures the breathtaking landscape and wildlife of one of America’s most renowned regions. More than 275 photographs—from some of the country's best nature photographers—recreate the adventure and grandeur of this area that combines the world's greatest collection of geothermal features, some of the West's most spectacular mountains and its best wildlife viewing areas. This unique large-format book offers guided tours—in words and pictures—of Yellowstone and Grand Teton, with thirty-six pages of foldouts, each more than three feet wide, designed to illustrate the wide-open expanse of these national park gems. Yellowstone was set aside as America's first national park in 1872. Since then, interest in the park has grown dramatically and today, more than 3 million people visit the two parks annually. Grand Teton National Park, home of the majestic mountain range, was preserved as a national park in 1929. This book offers stunning photographs of every corner of the 2.2 million acres that make up these parks, including such treasures as Lake Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River, and the world's most famous geyser, Old Faithful, as well as rainbow-colored geyser basins of the north Mammoth country, and ...
- Brand: Preston, Charles R./ Robbins, Jim/ Kraft, Susan/ Whittlesey, Lee/ O'Connor, Letitia Burns (EDT)
- ASIN: 0789399946
The Fat Ass Guide to Hiking: Yellowstone National Park (Fat Ass Guides Book 1)
80+ Hikes, 1 Book! Chubsters can finally shake the dreaded “few steps behind” feeling when venturing outdoors with The Fat Ass Guide to Hiking: Yellowstone National Park. This essential guidebook realistically grades hikes for the average person, exploring the incredible trails of America’s best-loved national park in easy-to-understand Fat Ass Friendly and Forget It, Fat Ass formats.Written for active chubsters, families with kids, and anyone with less than Olympian capabilities, this one-of-a-kind wild guide offers a stress-free glimpse into the amazing trails of a wondrous land full of breathtaking scenery, unique geology, and fascinating history. With stories of hiking trips gone awry and practical witticisms, The Fat Ass Guide to Hiking: Yellowstone National Park whips up a perfect blend of entertainment and must-have knowledge for casual travelers and spirited adventurers alike!This especially thorough guide includes hiking strategies, wildlife safety tips, trail coordinates, trail maps, photographs, eating options, camping information, fishing adventures, attraction highlights, and accessible trails.Hiking areas covered include Mammoth Hot Springs and North Entrance Area; Tower-Roosevelt, Lamar Valley, and Northeast Entrance Area; Norris Area; Madison and West Entran...
- ASIN: B007QIG2E2
Complete Guide to the National Park Lodges
The only guide of its kind!TheComplete Guide to the National Park Lodges is the only definitive guide of its kind––covering every lodge in America's National Parks and Monuments, from luxurious inns to rustic cabins. The authors, National Park experts, tell readers how to leave behind the hassles and headaches and make trip planning painless. Having visited nearly every national park area and lodge in the country, they share their sage advice on how to choose a lodge that will best suit an individual's taste and needs. Now in a new, updated package with over 175 full-color photographs.Packed with firsthand information about each property. Includes room rates, facility information, detailed maps, and so much more!
- ASIN: 1493028618
A Ranger's Pocket Guide to Yellowstone National Park: Simple, Concise Plans Rangers Share with Visitors Every Day. Includes Actual Ranger Day Plans for One, Two, Three to Four, & Five+ Day Visits
The NEWEST Second Edition includes the latest park updates, maps for Ranger Day Plans, turn-by-turn driving instructions, and more detailed photo stops.People come from all over the world to visit and enjoy the wonders of Yellowstone National Park. They come at any age and from every country you can imagine. They come as individuals, families or on guided tours hoping to experience all that the park has to offer. Most visitors come with some basic well-founded and well-intentioned knowledge about Yellowstone and its many wonders but quickly realize they have no idea how to put this knowledge into action. This can lead to a frustrating and disappointing visit. They soon realize that planning is the “key” to an enjoyable visit to Yellowstone. If each visitor took the time to invest in their own enjoyment by planning their visit, they would find out that the park can be a wonderful, amazing, and awe inspiring place where SO much is going on.This is the primary purpose of this book, to allow a Yellowstone National Park Ranger to help you plan a safe and fulfilling visit you’ll remember the rest of your life. The book includes Day Plans written by a Yellowstone National Park Ranger. He knows the park. His Ranger Day Plans are one day, two day, three to four day, and five or more...
- ASIN: 1545466769
Old Faithful Day Hikes: Yellowstone National Park (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic MapNational Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of the Old Faithful area of Yellowstone National Park is designed to meet the needs of visitors with unmatched detail of the upper and midway geyser sections of the national park. Expertly researched and created in partnership with local land management agencies, this map features key points of interest including the Old Faithful geyser area, Midway Geyser Basin, Old Faithful, and Fountain Paint Pots. A list of recommend day hikes includes distances and difficulties. The Continental Divide Trail passes through this map.With many miles of mapped trails and marked Bear Management Zones the Old Faithful Day Hikes map can guide you off the beaten path and back again. The clearly marked trails include mileages between intersections. The map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits, passes and many lakes. Some of the many recreation features include: visitor centers, campgrounds, trailheads, hydrothermal features and interpretive trails.Every Trails Illustrated map is printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.Other features found on this map include: Yellowstone National Park.Map Scale = 1...
- Brand: National Geographic Maps
- ASIN: 156695665X
- UPC: 749717003194
Death in Yellowstone: Accidents and Foolhardiness in the First National Park
The chilling tome that launched an entire genre of books about the often gruesome but always tragic ways people have died in our national parks, this updated edition of the classic includes calamities in Yellowstone from the past sixteen years, including the infamous grizzly bear attacks in the summer of 2011 as well as a fatal hot springs accident in 2000. In these accounts, written with sensitivity as cautionary tales about what to do and what not to do in one of our wildest national parks, Whittlesey recounts deaths ranging from tragedy to folly—from being caught in a freak avalanche to the goring of a photographer who just got a little too close to a bison. Armchair travelers and park visitors alike will be fascinated by this important book detailing the dangers awaiting in our first national park.
- ASIN: B00HRX0PQM
Look at Old Faithful Yellowstone National Park Video Reviews
Old Faithful Geyser - Yellowstone National Park (HD)
Old Faithful is arguably one of the wonders of the natural world - here's HD footage of this famo...
Old Faithful Geyser Biggest Eruption Ever!
Old faithful geyser, Yellowstone National Park biggest eruption ever recorded!
Yellowstone National Park - Old Faithful GEYSER TORNADO - Park Travel Review
December 2014 - We were watching Old Faithful Geyser when a vortex happened and caused a spin off...
Yellowstone National Park - Old Faithful Area - Park Travel Review
When you visit Yellowstone National Park, a "must see" for a trip is the Old Faithful area. This...
Yellowstone National Park Old Faithful Geyser and Hot Springs
This is some of the different hot springs and Old Faithful Geyser in Yellowstone National Park. ...
Xldealo.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com